Last weekend was super busy and super fun! Tia is purchasing a beautiful new home just across the Ohio river, about 20 minutes from Stan and DeNae. When the inspector came to take a look she invited us all along so we could check it out.

Can I just say one thing?! I AM SO JEALOUS!! It is a beautiful home with a huge yard and it has a forest in the back!! It is every kids dream house! (And adults!) The kids had soooo much fun running down the back part that has a pretty steep slope.



And in the front there is this super nice porch swing. (Nate and I have a goal to have one of these, well and a house too!!) It was so nice of Tia to let us come and we are soooo looking forward to all the fun BBQ's and get together's she will be inviting us to at her awesome house!! (hint, hint ;)!!)

Then on to the Oscars!! My fabulous sister in law Angela started having Oscar parties years ago when we lived together in Orem and I have been dying for the chance to carry it on out here! Finally, the stars aligned and it worked out for us. Why you ask is this party so important?! THE FOOD!!! Angela came up with some of the best homemade pizza recipes ever and I crave them all the time. SO I called, got the recipe,s and went to work. Along with the fabulous pizzas is chocolate fondue with fruit! Does it get any better then this?! I made a BBQ chicken pizza, a chicken pesto pizza and a Philly cheese stake pizza. (Plus cheese for the kids) And let me tell you, they were soooo good!! Too bad I am on a diet and couldn't enjoy the left overs all week long!!


It was even mostly whole wheat dough. (I ran out and had to use some white flour, oh well!)

Stan must have been really hungry!! ;)

The kids enjoyed some Disney while we ate and then all went to bed like good kids since we are on the east coast and the Oscars don't start until after 8pm!

Aren't they a cute couple?! Tia wouldn't let me take any pictures of her, but she was here too.

This is Chisa and my boyfriend Koyo. Seriously, is he not the cutest baby?! Koyo was a good sport and slept so his mom and dad could enjoy most of the event. Too bad Gordon had to go to class in the morning! Oh and Stan had to be a the hospital by 5:30am, but hey it was worth it?! We had a fun evening, thanks again guys for coming and enjoying this with us!
7 comments:
Looks like you had a blast. I'd really love your recipes for those pizzas . . . and the dough. Does it work well on pizza stones?
I miss those. I loved it. Awesome that you could have one of your own. I love the Philly Steak Pizza. Angela was a great and awesome cook. Looks like lots of fun!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for sharing!!! I love knowing what's new in WV. Tia's house is GORGEOUS!! Someday she'll remember to send me the link so I can see the inside. Your oscar party looked so fun! You all need to move to SoCal as soon as you're married to "real" doctors so I can finally have a social calendar that doesn't involve living vicariously through blogs. *sigh*
Looks like you keep busy with lots of fun activites. I love keeping up to date with what's going on with you and your family. You have such fun posts to read.
Looks like sooo much fun!! I want the pizza recipes lady! Like the philly cheesecake one and the bbq chicken! Please!?!? They look so good and you made me hungry right now! What a fun tradition for you guys to carry on!!
Just so you know...I am jealous of that house too. ;-D
YUM!!!! The pizzas look super tasty! You need to do a pizza recipe post. :)
Yoohooooo!!! This was so LAST week. You know how much I hate to be the bearer of bad news, BUT you are losing . . . .
Post a Comment