We had a CRAZY weekend!! Crazy, but great!! Our kids were in heaven and I HOPE Stan and DeNae were too ;)!!! We got to have the Israelsen kids come over for a two night sleep over while Stan and DeNae went to a B&B and the temple in Kentucky to celebrate Valentine's Day. Why so much after V-day you ask?! Because he is an Ortho Surgical Resident and has a crazy schedule! Anyways we were super excited to get to have the kids sleep over and had all these fun things planned to do outside, then we woke up to ANOTHER 6 inches of snow. Just when I think it is going to start getting nice outside it snows again. Seriously this is worse then ANY winter I ever spent in Utah, I am SOOOO ready to see the grass again, AND THE SKY FOR THAT MATTER. Anyways, I diverge from my story. Luke decided it would be a great idea if mom made homemade cinnamon rolls for everyone, so guess how I spent my morning?! It was worth it though, they were so yummy!! (Thanks again Gayle for the AWESOME recipe!!) All of the kids ate all their breakfast and lunch and therefore each got a whole cinnamon roll! These things were MAMMOTHS! Nate and I had to split one, but the kids insisted they could handle a whole one, and you know what?! They DID! I was amazed. We had been playing all kinds of fun indoor games but the natives were getting restless so we decided we need to venture out. I went to 3 different stores trying to find gloves for the kids because all we have is those stupid "one size fits all" socks for your hands. And two minutes outside is enough to soak them and create 6 crying kids. I , however, did NOT find anything but these stupid gloves (of which I have about 50 pairs!!). Is it just me or did the world forget that snow is cold AND WET and you need waterproof gloves for kids as well as adult snowboarders and skiers!! Anyways I have looked all season long and not found any so I wasn't totally surprised, just annoyed. Ok, so no sledding. On to plan B, the trusty mall play place. Here we are getting all six kids, 7 and under, buckled into the car. THAT was fun!!!

We got there and apparently every other parent in Huntington, Barboursville, and Hurricane decided that was a good idea too because it was PACKED! Seriously I considered just turning right around and going back, but the kids were screaming in delight and I just didn't have the heart to crush their excitement.

Leah and Lily watched the big kids literally run around the place about 20 times just burning energy. Actually they were playing tag, but they were sooooo full of energy I didn't tell them to stop. (They wouldn't have listened even if I had tried...)

Most of the time we were there Leah just wanted Nate to hold her. He kept telling her to go play and she would just say, "No, want My Nate". Looks like I have competition!!! ;)

The boys were so cute and so funny the whole time! I just love those guys!!

After we went to the mall we decided to brave Burger King. We had soooo many people stare at us and then finally one lady had the guts to ask if they were all ours. I said no we were babysitting and then like 5 other people came out from around the corner and all said how they were betting on whether that was the case or that they were all ours!! Honestly!! It isn't even possible for them to all be mine, but I guess you just never know. Anyways... We came home had baths and went to bed! It was great, the second night was even easier then the first! Stan and DeNae got in late Saturday night and just crashed on our floor for the night. We hope they had fun and got to enjoy their alone time because pretty soon I am going to be calling in the favor in reverse ;)!!!
(There you go Sheila!!!)
6 comments:
Yay, I was in heaven. THANK YOU for all you did. Your turn.
Amen on the whole snow thing. i've decided that i don't even like winter anymore and we should move somewhere that doesn't have that season....too much snow this year....
You are such a great friend. 6 kids under the age of 7 must have been more than a little chaotic. I can imagine your friends really appreciated you and really deserved a break. We miss you guys. Hang in there with the weather, hopefully only a few more weeks.
Um . . . . I don't know how to tell you this, but have you seen DeNae's blog???? Are you sure you want your kids hanging out of second story windows with no clothes on? I'm just sayin' . . . . You could always send them to Cali and I'll take care of them. ;-) Sofi would love to spend a weekend with "Gavi." We miss you guys!!!
p.s. I can't believe I got a mention on the main page!!!!
p.p.s. Her blog is still more current . . . by a little over an hour. I'm just the messenger. ;-p
You are a great friend. The kids
will remember these times forever!!Also take
DeNae up on your turn. You and Nate deserve some time alone too.Looks like fun for all. Love
you!!!
Post a Comment