I had almost forgotten what it looked like, all blue and clear. I was beginning to think that the whole world had been taken over by drab, gray and that we were destined to have snow on the ground until I died. But happy day!!!! We have had four, that is right FOUR, days in a row of beautiful sun!!! (And we are rumored to have another one today!!! OH JOY!!) We wasted NO time and as soon as Luke was out of school on Friday we headed to the park, along with our partners in crime, the Israelsens.

All of the kids were super excited to get to play outside and Gabby INSISTED that she did not need a jacket as the sun was clearly shinning. And to her credit she did not complain about been cold, even if her cheeks were all red and rosy.

Lily had all but forgotten what to do on a slide, but everyone else was quick to show they had not. Matty and Gabby were so cute going down together, never mind that she is twice his size and should probably be the one holding him....

Luke finally convinced Lily to try going down in his lap. I think you can tell she liked it.

Someone had tipped the soccer goal over and Ethan and Matty had a "Finding Nemo" moment stuck in the net. "SWIM DOWN, EVERYBODY SWIM DOWN TOGETHER!!" ;)

Gabby and Luke discovered the balance beam and parallel bars. Luke wanted to straddle them but as soon as I helped him try it he said, " Wow, that hurts, get me down." Yeah, sorry you are a boy, that WILL hurt!


We stayed at the park for a while and so Nate was able to come down and meet us when he got off. Lily and Leah wanted to run up and meet him. Both DeNae and I were telling them no, come back. Both girls then turned towards us pointed and yelled, "NO!!!" and mumbled in their cute little baby talk. I had a hard time not laughing and luckily caught the moment on camera!

There is a cute little duck pond right in the middle of the park and the kids wanted to throw food to them. Too bad we didn't have any, so they thought feathers and rocks worked just as well....


These boys are just the cutest ever!!!

Lily finally got over her fear and she and Leah went down the twisty slide a million times together, I LOVE LEAH'S HAIR!!!!

And by the time we were almost done she had finally gotten brave enough to do it all by herself!

Do you see that?!?! IT IS BLUE, AND CLEAR!!!!

That night after the kids were in bed, Nate and I were cleaning up and he took the trash out. He came running inside and said, come out here quick!! What was so interesting you ask?! THE STARS!! Yes we had almost forgotten the beauty of the night sky as well. And out here in WV you can see so many more stars then you can in big cities. We just stood outside together looking for a half an hour, it was so beautiful. It really makes you realize the beauty the Lord has given us in this world.
9 comments:
Andrea, I am sooooo jealous!!! I can't wait for that weather to show up here...we still have a couple feet of snow on the ground. Glad you got to enjoy the sun!!
Lily is getting so big! I keep thinking she's Gabby in your pictures.
Wow it looks like you had a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nothing is better than blue skies!! If you come visit us you can have tons of blue skis, except for today and yesterday where it is cloudy and rainy which we love love love!!
You left out the part where you and DeNae abandoned the kids and Nate at the park to go to Hobby Lobby. What a sweet hubby!!
Beautiful pics! I love seeing your day! :):)
True, True, but at least he was at home so they could watch a movie and we were only gone about an hour. But I agree, he is sweet!! ;)
Here's to the start of Spring! We've also been enjoying this beautiful weather. Thanks for the pics; your kids are adorable.
Because the only thing more fun than being at the park alone with six small children is being home alone with six small children. ;-p Thank goodness they're all so cute!
Oh I hope the sun stays for when we get there. It snowed here the past two days and it is cold!
Post a Comment