Thursday, March 11, 2010

Ups and downs

We are so proud of Luke!! He was chosen as one of four kids in the first grade in his school to have an art piece in the county art fair! His didn't win any awards but we were excited to get to go see his art on display anyways! Congratulations LUKE!!!
His peers chose his "Special Heart" as the art piece they liked the best.
It is so neat for me to see the things that he does at school. I never would have thought that he would have painted a heart like this. I think that he has had many other pieces that are better then this one, but we didn't get to choose.

On a slightly less positive note, here is what Lily did to Gabby yesterday. Um, ya, that is a bite mark on her arm. Through her shirt. They were fighting over a balloon. I told them to settle down and Lily no biting. Not five minutes later I heard screaming and came to see this...

That is ANOTHER BITE MARK ON HER FACE!! Oh and today it is bruised! I was livid and Lily definitely got in trouble for this. And the balloon is now dead. Nate took one look at Gabby's face and killed the balloon. No questions asked.

I really have no idea where the biting came from but I am not happy with it. The one thing that baffles me is how Gabby let Lily near her face in the first place....

7 comments:

Greta Henricksen said...

Oh those kids! It is amazing they survive each other and us!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mole said...

OMG that is sooo bad!! Geez ya I think Gabs needs to show Lily who's boss. HAHA

DeNae I said...

We are SO proud of Luke, now I get what he was trying to explain to us...strange that's the one they picked, but great non the less. On a side note, I really miss you this week!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Oliphaunt said...

Tell Luke he's amazing, give Gabby a big hug, and tell Lily she's not a dog. :) Seriously, though, you're doing a wonderful job as a parent and the Lord will bless you with inspiration in all your parenting trials.

Jana and Mario said...

Good job Luke! I love the picture. About the rest of your post, Jacob bites Gabriella a lot too. He has bitten her a few times on the face and I have asked her many times how she 'lets' him bite her on the face. Sorry Gabby got bitten and hang in there, I know you are an awesome mom!