Thursday, March 4, 2010

Joy

I think that sometimes it is VERY easy to forget. Forget to do the dishes, forget to pick up your dirty socks and put them in the laundry, forget to say I love you, forget what time alone with your spouse feels like, forget to read your scriptures, forget why you ever wanted to be a parent, forget all the reasons that you wanted to take this journey in the first place. Life is hard and just when you think it can't get any harder it does. Sometimes it isn't even "big" events that make us feel this way, it just builds up. So whenever I start to feel this way I have to REMEMBER to look at the things that make me happy, the things that bring me joy.One look at these faces and I just can't help but smile. I can't help but feel overwhelmed by love. These faces, these and many more, are the reason why I wanted to be on this journey. If I can just remember THESE faces when they are frowning at me or angry at me. :) Really I have a lot in my life that brings me joy, sometimes I just need a reminder :)!




9 comments:

kim and morgan said...

So sweet! I love the picture of your girls in mid air. So cute! Thanks for the reminder to enjoy the simple things in life. Such a great family!

Do I get to see you on Saturday?

Unknown said...

Awe. What a beautiful family!! But, where's a picture of you????

p.s. you forgot to mention how much joy *I* bring to your life. If you don't want to post it on the main page, feel free to just leave it in the comments. ;-P

Andrea and Nate Tracey said...

You are so right Sheila! I don't know how I neglected to mention you!! It must be because I didn't have a picture to go along with it!! There is no picture of me because, well seeing me the way I look right now does NOT bring me any joy!! ;)
P.S. You do bring me joy :)!!

Oliphaunt said...

I love this post and such great pictures. It's too true that it's easy to forget the things that are most important in our lives. Just enjoy life and don't stress about the little things is easier said than done but luckily I have great friends like you to help me remember. Thanks and hopefully I can return the favor to you sometime!

Unknown said...

I'll send you a picture so you can do a whole post about me and all my wonderfulness. ;-)

Debbie said...

Thank you. That says it all. :)

mama_pj said...

Love the pictures and the sweet post. You are an amazing woman Andrea and I love you very much!

Angela said...

You make me smile! Thanks for the feel good... they are adorable faces!

Greta Henricksen said...

Thank you for a beautiful reminder.